Root cause analysis fishbone diagram ppt
Root Cause Analysis fishbone is a technique for identifying all the particular problem/effects (output) before narrowing down to the small number of primary, root causes that need to be addressed.
why use Cause and effect Analysis Fishbone
Root Cause Analysis is a valuable tool for:
- Focusing on causes, not symptoms capturing the collective knowledge and experience of a group
- Providing a what is the main cause of the problem
- Establishing a sound basis for further data gathering and action
- Cause and Effect Analysis can also identify all of the areas that need to be tackled to generate a positive effect.
What is a Cause and Effect Diagram
A Cause and Effect diagram graphically illustrates the analysis results and is constructed in steps. Cause and Effect Analysis is usually carried out by a group who all have experience and knowledge of the cause to be analyzed.
- Cause-and-Effect diagrams graphically display potential causes of a problem
- The layout shows Cause-and-Effect relationships between the potential causes